Friday, August 24, 2007

Vikram's Profile

I have done Masters Degree in Planning (specialization in Environment) from C.E.P.T. University Ahmedabad, in 2004 and a Graduate Degree in Urban Planning from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar in 2001. I got four gold medals to my credit during my Masters Degree. I had the opportunity to present my dissertation for the ‘Best dissertation Award in country’ at Institute of Town Planners, India (ITPI). The topic of dissertation was ‘Strategic Environmental Assessment Framework for Special Economic Zone Policy of Gujarat’.

I have experience in wide variety of development sector projects including: Development of Prevention and Control mechanism for Indoor Air Pollution, Documentation of Best Practices in Water Conservation for Energy Conservation, Sewage Treatment Plan for Bhavnagar, Ajanta Ellora Tourism Development Plan, Ecotourism Development Plan for Vidarbha Region, Planning of Bus Rapid Transit System in Ahmedabad, Risk Assessment Study for Earthquake affected Kachchh District, Gujarat etc.

I represented India in the International Workshop on ‘Youth for Environment’ and 4th International Conference on “Health, Safety and Environment” held at Kuwait. I have also presented a paper in National Workshop on “Environmental Impact Assessment- Flaws, Dilutions in the Legislation and need for change”. I have authored a number of papers and articles on urban planning and environment related issues such as Strategic Environmental Assessment Framework for Special Economic Zone Policy of Gujarat, Urban Governance through City Development Strategies and Traffic Management as Support Measure to Urban Planning: Case Study of Fatehgarh Sahib Town, Punjab.

free hit counter javascript

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi the blog created is a good one. But its quite formal, can u make it little more informal and upload great pics that you have clicked.....great start....well begun

Vikram Sethi said...

Yes madam, i will do that. I am learning, how to make it more interactive and useful. Within few days, i will be able to do this.

swathi's said...

oh my god..i never realised that i have been talking to gem all these days..must appreciate your knowledge...
the blog is awesome
waiting for some more stuff